Behlen to participate in Manufacturing Day with Tour and Tube Laser Demo
Manufacturing Day is for students, parents, educators, media, customers, suppliers and the community at large. Visitors will learn about real career opportunities, training and resources. In addition, manufacturers will learn about business improvement resources and services delivered through manufacturing extension partnerships.
The first ever Manufacturing Day is Friday, October 5. According to the Manufacturing Day website, “The day is designed to expand knowledge and improve public perception of manufacturing carers and manufacturing’s value to the U.S economy.” As such, events will be hosted to include parents, educators, media, customers, suppliers and the community at large. Manufacturing Day is a chance for visitors to learn about career opportunities and training in manufacturing.
Behlen Manufacturing, Distefano’s parent company, is proud to participate in Manufacturing Day. Although events are generally being hosted on October 5 throughout the U.S., Behlen will host a previously scheduled tour of its Columbus, Neb. plant on October 18. There will also be a Tube Laser Industry Demo Event. It’s an opportunity for the community to see the highly efficient state-of-the-art 3D tube laser in action.
- 4025 E. 23rd St.
- PO Box 569
- Columbus, NE 68601
- Event Type: Facility Tour/Presentation
- Safety Gear: safety glasses provided by Behlen
- Dress Code: long pants and closed-toed shoes required to enter plant
- Educators/Students welcome — Students under 18 must be accompanied by parents or teachers; student groups of more than five persons must register in advance.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- Jon Heibel
- Visit the registration page on the Manufacturing Day website [here].